As we contemplate the possibility that another recipe from “101 Things to do with Cold Turkey” is going to be needed to shift the last of the Christmas food, we thought we’d take a quick look back at the top 10 most read posts that we published this year.
1.A Lawyer at Man Utd: Patrick Stewart on His Career in Football. A brief review of a presentation, organised by LBDC (‘Lawyers Business Development Club’), by Patrick Stewart, Director of Legal & Business Affairs at Manchester United.
2. Top 10 Technology Trends (as predicted by a patent database). Take one patent database, a handful of tech phrases and hey presto….Tech Trends!
3. EPO putting applications in the renewal grace period on hold? Details an internal procedure at the EPO that puts cases with unpaid renewal fees on hold
4. London Tech Week 2015 – Free IP clinics: Inventions, branding & design protection advice. This post advertised Keltie’s IP clinics in June. Please note that this event is now closed!! This post contains links to our “Introduction to Intellectual Property Series (Part 1 – Are You Protecting Your Most Valuable Assets? An Introduction to Intellectual Property; Part 2 – Spot The Difference…. How do you Deal with Copying?; Part 3 – Patents and confidential information; Part 4 – Brand Protection and Commercialisation)
5. EU Commission: unitary patent concerns; IP insurance and unitary SPCs. A fairly recent post. This looks at a European Commission working document that highlights areas of concern with the unitary patent.
6. IP due diligence from an in-house perspective. A review of a great talk by Rob Carter of K2 IP on the issue of intellectual property from an in-house perspective.
7. Unitary Patent Update: Renewal fee news (shock!), EPLC, CJEU and Italy’s consultation. A second entry on the list for the unitary patent. This time it’s a news round-up article from March. Since this was published the renewal fee and distribution key for the renewal fee has been agreed, the European Patent Litigation Certificate rules have been fixed and Italy has joined the party.
8. Unitary patent renewals: A closer look at the proposals. Back in March this year we hadn’t really had sight of what the renewal fee levels might actually be. That all changed when news of two proposals made their way to IPKat. In this post we took a close look at the proposals. Includes graphs…in colour…[see also entry number 10 below]
9. EPO & Added Matter: Board of Appeal pooh-poohs Examination Guideline Update. I like to think this post made the top 10 because you’re all interested in added matter at the EPO. Really, I suspect it’s because I used the phrase “pooh poohs” in the title….
10. Unitary Patent renewal fees: revised proposal. This post takes a look at the revised proposals for the unitary patent renewal fee. Since this post was published in May the true Top 4 proposal has been selected.
Mark Richardson 30 December 2015